Triathlon NB has released its event calendar for 2023. Please check back on a regular base as the calendar will be updated with information on the upcoming events
- This event has passed.
Triathlon Adult Community Coaching Course
November 18 @ 8:30 am - November 19 @ 4:30 pm$30 – $50
The Community coach wants to help new athletes and support age group athletes by teaching basic triathlon skills and introduction to events. The Community coach is focused on safe participation, teaching skills, and fun. This workshop is for both beginner and experienced coaches who are currently coaching or intend to coach age group athletes 16 and older. Through this two-day workshop, coaches will learn how to coach and teach basic triathlon skills, how to plan safe and engaging practices, and how to support triathletes to participate safely at events.
- Dates: November 18 & 19, 2023
- Times: 8:30am-4:30pm
- Location: Aquatic Center, Saint John
- Facilitator: Shannon Read
- Cost: $30 for Triathlon NB Members ($50.00 for Non-Members)
After the Community Coaching Course, you will be a Community Coach “In Training” and will be able to:
Make Safe and Ethical Decisions:
- Enable safe participation by creating a safe and respectful environment
- Encourage athletes to be active and have fun while maintaining respect to others and the sport
- Create athlete profiles and Emergency Action Plan (EAP) for safety in practice
- Identify risks and demonstrate risk prevention in Triathlon
Teach the Sport of Triathlon and Provide Support to Athletes in Training
- Teach, assess and analyze basic triathlon skills: swim, bike, run and transitions
- Support athletes to competition: physically, technically, tactically, and emotionally
- Self-reflect on coaching style and skills and areas for improvement
Use Basic Planning Skills and Plan a Practice
- Plan technically sound and safe practices in the sport of triathlon: swim, bike, run and transition practice
- Plan sound weekly training including swimming, cycling, running and transitions
- Recognize phases and periods in a typical triathlon annual season
- Plan for attendance at events
Important *NEW* Information:
Practical Teaching Components: This workshop will have practical swimming, biking and running components. Participants should come prepared to coach their colleagues, and participate in these practical sessions. Please bring the appropriate swimming and running items with you to this clinic. Coaches are welcome to bring a bicycle but this is not a mandatory requirement.
Prerequisites: Recommended that Coaches complete the following before the course begins but they can also do them after the course as the course become available.
- Ensure you have, and can access Your NCCP Locker Account
- Complete the free eLearning activity NCCP Emergency Action Plan on the CAC Locker
- NCCP Making Ethical Decisions (MED): All coaches must also complete NCCP Making Ethical Decisions (MED) in order to complete the training. Information on training in NB can be found at coachnb.ca Next online opportunity to take MED is October 18th, 2023
You will be given the option to receive your NCCP Coaching Manual as a pdf version or a hard copy. Please note, the deadline to request a hard copy is two weeks prior to the course.
2 Phase Registration:
Please register in the locker at the following link:
Please pay at the CCN link at: